It is the policy of Jacob Shipping – as ship owners and ship managers – to provide safe and environmentally friendly service of consistent quality to the satisfaction of its clients and principals in compliance with contractual obligations, relevant national and international regulations, and the recommendations of the ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 14001:2015 standards, in order to generate fair profit.
In detail, the objectives of our company are:
- to provide a service of consistently excellent quality to its clients;
- to employ and maintain highly qualified and motivated personnel for jobs ashore and at sea;
- to ensure efficient communication between ship and shore organisations, in order to guarantee operations in an integrated unit;
- to ensure a permanent improvement process of personnel skills, safety management, emergency response and environmental protection;
- to verify the quality of the operations in ship and shore operations with respect to safety and environmental protection. To identify, control and evaluate activities which have an impact on the environment;
- to reduce emissions and protect the environment;
- to identify operational risks and – consequently – to eliminate them via appropriate safeguards;
- to ensure avoidance of damage to property;
- to ensure adequate consideration of recommendations by the IMO, flag and port state administrations, classification societies and maritime organisations;
Health, safety and environmental matters have priority over the basic business objectives. Unsafe acts and environmentally damaging procedures are neither efficient, nor, in the long term, cost-effective. Taking into account that the shipping industry is exposed to a high risk level with respect to the perils of the sea, the complexity of machinery on board and potentially hazardous cargoes carried, the company's operations are conducted with a focus on avoidance of risk to personnel health and avoidance of environmental damage.
Recognising the limitations on natural resources in our environment, Jacob Shipping endeavours to manage its vessels and offices in the most efficient and effective manner, in order to conserve those resources and minimise all forms of waste.